- October 20, 2016
- Posted by: Workplace Injury Lawyers
- Category: Crush injuries, Eye injuries, Falling from Heights, Head injuries, Industrial Deafness, Overexertion Injuries, Psychiatric, Reaction Injuries, Repetitive Motion Injuries, Slipping/Tripping, Uncategorized, Vehicle Accidents, Whiplash injuries
There are many different types of injuries covered by workers compensation. Here are some examples of injuries covered:
- Physical injuries, for example, back strain, lacerations, fractures, burns
- Psychological/psychiatric injuries, for example, stress, anxiety disorders
- ‘over a period of time’ injuries, for example, industrial deafness
- Latent onset injuries, for example, asbestosis, mesothelioma
- Aggravation of a pre-existing condition
- Death from an injury or disease.
Injuries incurred while traveling to or from work, while on a break from work, or while working interstate or overseas, may also be covered.
Employees may be covered while working from home, as long as the injuries arise out of—or in the course of—employment, and the employment is a significant contributing factor to the injury. Employees may be covered for injuries sustained while working from home and on a recess break. WorkCover considers each case on the individual facts at the time. If you have specific queries, please call us on 1800 822 491.
For guidance on how people can work safely in their homes, go to the Workplace Health and Safety Queensland website. Information is also available on health and safety for telecommuters.